Thursday, July 30, 2009

Episode Seven

No big news this week. I've been working at a youth camp while still trying to keep up with internship activities, so I am EXHAUSTED. The staff only gets about 5 hours of sleep each night, then the next day I have to do camp activities in addition to making phone calls and sending emails about ArtsFest. To make matters worse, it's been raining all week, which just puts me in a bad mood altogether.



Right now, I'm trying to do some pricing for our marketing materials. Who knew flyers, yard signs, stickers could be so expensive? We have a VERY tiny marketing budget. We've been given a grant to help bring several of our bigger acts to Conway, and that means that we're required to do a LOT of marketing to adhere to the grant guidelines. I don't know how we're going to do it all with our budget.







Our grant application for AST is on its last draft, finally. It's due very soon, and we have to make sure to turn it in early, just in case something goes wrong. When you submit grant applications electronically, it's smart to send it early because 90% of the time, your internet poops out on the due date or something else goes wrong. I don't know if I'll have any more projects from AST this summer. But maybe that will be alright, because ArtsFest seems to be taking way more of my internship hours that I had thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment