Thursday, June 11, 2009

Feels like the first time. . .

I'm starting my internships in Arkansas next week!

I have two internships this summer and they're going to be really exciting! They're both in Conway, Arkansas (about 30 minutes from my hometown of Little Rock).

The first is with a new arts council called Conway Alliance for the Arts, or CAFTA for short. CAFTA hosts a festival called ArtsFest every October, so my job will involve doing some programming, development, and publicity for the festival. The (almost) week-long event involves music, dance, theatre, visual arts, and a whole lot of creative fun! It involves the three universities in town, the public schools, and downtown businesses. I'm anxious to get started working on this!


The second is with the Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre Festival, or AST. My undergraduate minor was in theatre, but I haven't attended a lot of theatre in DC this past year. Hopefully, this internship will allow me to get back into the habit of going to peformances! I don't have all the specifics of this internship yet, but I think I'll be doing some development with their fundraising event, The Bard Ball, and helping them organize their donor information. This festival is pretty new, so hopefully I'll be able to help them cultivate some donors!



I'm driving from DC to Arkansas this weekend (17 hours!), and I start work on Monday. I have a feeling it's going to be a looooong first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment