Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sequins & Nazis & Grannies, oh my!

Wow. A lot has happened since my last post! I've gotten started working with the Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre (AST), and it's been a whirlwind!





Last week, I was assigned some grant research for AST. I headed over to the University of Central Arkansas (which hosts AST) and used their software to search through The Foundation Center's database. I looked at the top Arkansas foundations and investigated their giving to the arts. Thankfully, the arts apply for 501(c)(3) status under the Education category, so foundations that give to education can give to the arts as well. Hopefully, we'll apply to some of these foundations and raise much needed funds!





I've been able to see two shows during the festival. One was the childrens show, The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. This show was great, and the kids in the audience really got excited about all the characters. My favorite, though, was The Producers. If you like old grannies gettin' action, dancing nazis, and men in sequined gowns, this is the show for you. The movie was done years ago by Mel Brooks, and then remade (poorly) a few years ago.





Later this week, I'll get back to doing CAFTA programming. We're meeting with a local bike club on Thursday about the possibility of incorporating a bike tour into our fall ArtsFest. How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment